State Policy Network is a coalition of 64 state think tanks representing all 50 states, over 66 state allied organizations in key capacities (like litigation, journalism, and issue advocacy), and more than 90 national partners, all dedicated to the principles of liberty and federalism. SPN exists to make these organizations better, faster, and stronger than if each worked alone. The power of the Network is in scaling critical state and local solutions so they spread from state to state, leading to national impact.
Director of Policy Initiatives
SPN is seeking a Director of Policy Initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has a passion for sound public policy that helps American families, communities, and businesses thrive. The ideal candidate has at least 5 years of experience managing a program or team with a focus on advancing policy reforms on the state level. The right person for this role will be a strategic thinker, an exceptional communicator, and an adept relationship builder.
The role requires someone dedicated to helping state-based policy organizations advance crucial fiscal, regulatory, energy, and healthcare policy reforms, partnering with those organizations to support their efforts and helping them succeed. The ideal candidate will be able to develop advocacy strategies, manage a team of contractors, and work with diverse coalition partners.
The Director of Policy Initiatives will report to the Vice President of Programs and will be on a team of 12 individuals while managing 3 direct reports.
This role includes a competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus benefits. Much of SPN’s staff are remote and this position is eligible to work remotely from a virtual office anywhere in the United States.
- Oversee SPN’s energy, fiscal, and healthcare policy reform initiatives. This includes building and facilitating SPN’s policy working group, as well as managing SPN’s energy, fiscal, and healthcare policy fellows that serve the working group.
- Seek out the best policy reforms, share best practices, connect reformers, and advise on advocacy strategies. This will include working with reform coalitions to evaluate policy needs and policy solutions and working alongside those coalitions to develop and implement strategies to secure lasting reforms.
- Manage and grow SPN’s states solutions grant program. This includes advising affiliates on grant opportunities, serving on grant decision committees, and providing grantees with follow-up assistance as needed.
- Ideate and develop new programs and projects that serve SPN affiliates in pursuit of energy, healthcare, and fiscal policy reforms. This includes soliciting ideas from the working group and turning those ideas into funded and executable projects.
The ideal candidate will be a service-oriented, self-starter, who is able to share public acclaim for a job well done. We seek the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in state policy advocacy, coalition building, outreach or issue-based campaigns, or program management
- Passion for SPN’s mission
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and motivate partners in a fast-paced environment
- Strong facilitation, communication, and relationship skills
- Familiarity with state-based organizations and the state legislative process
- The position will require 25-30% (or more) travel and will be dependent on the candidate’s location (most travel will be to Washington, DC)
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- A cover letter explaining why you are qualified for this position, why you believe in free enterprise, your interest in SPN’s mission, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Lydia Ocampo, Outreach Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
About the Role
State Policy Network (SPN) seeks a Salesforce Administrator to oversee their CRM capability. The Salesforce Administrator will primarily be responsible for managing projects related to the Salesforce CRM, including automating business processes and configuring integrations. This position will play a pivotal role in designing data processes that will allow SPN to take its measurement systems to the next level. Additionally, a smaller portion of this role will be devoted to general IT support. The Salesforce Administrator will liaison with the IT vendor and manage administration of SPN’s various technology platforms.
This role is ideal for someone with at least three years of Salesforce administration experience and excellent project management skills. The Salesforce Administrator will report to SPN’s Director of Data Analytics. This is a full-time position with the option to work virtually or in-office in Arlington, VA.
- Salesforce configuration changes, including fields, page layouts, record types, dynamic layouts, apps, actions, custom settings, dashboards, and reports
- Automate processes using Salesforce tools including Flow, Process Builder, approval processes, validation rules, and Nonprofit Success Pack features
- Proactive system maintenance including Security Reviews, Release Updates, Health Check, and Optimizer
- All aspects of user and license management including new user setup/deactivation, roles, profiles, permissions, public groups, OWD, and sharing rules
- Identify and gather requirements, translating into best practice, scalable solutions with a focus on exceptional user experience
- Management of integrated applications including Form Assembly/FormTitan and DocuSign
- Manage user support requests, including quick turnaround errors as well as longer term projects and new feature requests
- Technical documentation and change management communication
General IT Support
- Assist with crafting IT policies, best practices and designing organizational IT strategy
- Ensure smooth lines of communication with staff & our IT vendor
- Provide training & support to employees on various technology platforms
- 3+ years of experience as a Salesforce administrator using both Classic and Lightning
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce products and their functionalities, including creative and analytical thinking with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management skills
- A demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and handle and prioritize simultaneous requests
- Must demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization
- Ability to critically evaluate and prioritize information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce and other integrated systems
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex processes
- Salesforce Administrator Certification or Salesforce Advanced Administrator Certification
- Understanding of basic triggers/Apex code knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position, SPN’s mission, and your salary requirements to email@example.com. You may also use that email to submit any questions.